Top 5 Dating Apps & What We Like About Each Of Them
Online dating over the years have proved to be the preferred means young men and women find their soul mates. A Pew Research Center survey indicates that three-in-ten Americans uses a dating app; 12% have married or been in a committed relationship with someone they met through online dating. Nothing seems to stop the best dating apps from attracting users who want to find their ideal partner — not even the current state of world health. It obvious not every dating app will give you what you want but some of these apps based on their features, reach and philosophies have stood out of the crowd to become the top dating apps most us use. Whatever your heart desires, there's a dating app out there that's tailored to your outlook and needs, and all these apps are available for Android and IOS (IPhone).
Let’s take a look at the top 5 dating apps and what we like about each of them.
It’s not surprising Tinder is the first on our list – it’s been one of the most popular dating apps out there since launching in 2012. All the essential functions – swiping, matching, and messaging, are free but you can upgrade to Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold and Tinder Platinum for premium features to easily find your Mr or Mrs Right. Using Tinder is very simple – swipe right on a photo if you’re interested, left if you’re not. When both people swipe right, a match is made and you can start exchanging messages. These are the best things I like about Tinder;
- Huge user base which gives the opportunity to find your soul mate with little or no stress.
- You can search for singles in other cities by using the Passport Feature to change your location
- Unlike some other apps, there are no time limits on messaging.
- Tinder has a feature called Face To Face you can use to video chat within the app.
Bumble is our second top US dating app, Bumble is a free dating app built on the same model as Tinder, but with one unique twist – women are in the driver’s seat when it comes to starting a conversation.
Bumble aims to cut down on the number of sleazy messages women often get bombarded with on other mobile dating apps, so men can’t send the first message. Here are what I like most about Bumble;
- Women aren’t overwhelmed with unwanted messages since only they can initiate contact. Since she opted to contact you, it’s relatively easy to move things off the app.
- The app’s gender demographics are roughly equal, with 55% of users being male.
- Setting up an account is easy, because your bio can’t be longer than 300 characters.
Match.com is one of the oldest dating sites around for singles to meet new people and perhaps find love. It claims to have produced more marriages and relationships than the other dating sites. Why Match.com is part of my most liked dating apps;
- Match.com has a clean and straightforward design. The features can easily be seen through the site’s header menu and the mobile app’s icons.
- Another good reason I like Match.com is its Real Talk feature. This feature helps people who are not good at coming up with good conversation topics. There are tons of suggested conversation points and ice breakers that they can use.
- "Boost" is also Match dating’s add-on special feature that makes me always use Match.com. Availing this feature puts your profile as the top suggestion on ‘Matches’ and ‘Discover’ for one full hour.
Plenty of Fish or POF is one of the pioneer dating app that is still popular today. It claims to have 3.6 million logs in daily, and 10 million conversations occur each day. It boasts that over one million relationships are created every year. Why you should also start using POF;
- POF’s UltraMatch feature shows you the members that are most compatible with you, it makes it easy to know who is most likely to be interested in you.
- You'll find daters looking for just about everything, from a long-term relationship to a hookup.
- The sheer number of users makes it a great option if you live in a rural area or small city.
Okcupid is one of the best free dating apps out there. OkCupid attracts a huge variety of interesting singles – it’s kind of like hanging out at a funky bar in a college town.
You’ll see everything from artsy, edgy & creative to attractive, ambitious young professionals.
Why I would always like Okcupid;
- Searching for matches and sending/receiving messages doesn’t require a subscription, making OkCupid one of the best free dating sites out there.
- Has two levels of paid membership that are packed with useful premium features.
- With 20+ sexual orientations and 12 gender identities to choose from, OkCupid is literally the dating site for everyone.
Although not everyone likes using dating apps, it is fun and exciting meeting someone who likes you, share the same interest as you and ready to start a new life with you.